Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pregnant Girl in the Christmas Card...

When I first saw "The Blind Side" I felt immediately connected to the story, having had my own "Tuohy" family "adopt" me about 18 months ago. This adoption has given me rights to Sunday dinner, Monday night Family Home Evening, a permanent spot with them on their pew at church, and a place to hang out whenever needed.



During the movie, I cracked up when the Tuohy's friend left a voice message and said, "So I'm just gonna go ahead and ask... Ya'll know there's a colored boy in your Christmas Card?"



My own Leigh Anne Tuohy then pointed out to me that their family had a pregnant girl in one of their family pictures a while back.


When I suggested some cute similarities of the movie to the "Tuohy" kids the 9-year old immediately said, with a look that I had no idea what I was talking about, "Nuh-uh! You're not black."
My mistake. Definitely no similarites.

No comments:

Post a Comment